Sunday, March 4, 2012

Okay, so I have started a blog...I remember being little and my older brother bought the first computer ever to enter our house. He saved up his paper route money and bought a Commodore 64 Apple computer. It was huge, the screen was green and it took forever to boot the system up. I remember thinking..."I could never figure out how to use this thing, I will never get one on my own!" Then when I got out on my own, I did get a computer, mainly to just type out stories, poems, anything that I could think of to write. My brother then kept on about how I should get a modem so that we can email each other. At this point it was the late '90's and he was then living all the way across the country in Colorado. I told him I didn't want to get all "Hi-tech". I didn't want the internet, couldn't understand it, it was man-made, eventually something would go wrong with it. He gave me a modem for Christmas. I couldn't refuse the gift, so I hooked it up. Through the phone line I got free e-mail. I told him it was faster for me just to pick up the phone and call him...easier too! Eventually I got married, and my husband wanted a faster internet service. I was comfortable with dial-up, just my speed! So we got a wireless hook-up. My brother is all about the "new" thing...so he got us hooked up with Skype. Now we can not only talk to each other over the internet, but we can talk face to face! Boy have we come a long way from that old Commodore 64. And now I am a blogger....whatever that means...

2 comments:

  1. LOL, this is so funny Jackie! Love it! Now we've got to get you hooked up with Networked Blogs and/or Linky Followers so you can establish a 'following.' I know that sounds bad, but really it's a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Blogosphere Jackie. Sounds like we're near the same era, my first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80. You'll have to update your "About Me" since your daughter is no longer "unborn." Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete